
When I turned an innocent 15 years old some years ago, I thought that by the time I was 23, I'd be planning a wedding, signing copies of my latest bestseller in the grocery store, and having weekly luncheons with my BBFs from high school.
Well, I when I turned 23, I was single, unemployeed, unpublished, and my two bestfriends were married and settled in their own hometowns, three hours away from my parents humble abode. So, My sisters (pictured here) and Mama took me to see "Bye Bye Birdy" in the Big Apple, and I decided began my job search in earnest.
Fastforward six months, and I was hired as a temp at a predominately Spanish Speaking Latino Community Organization. We fell for each other. I'm now official, and I love it, and so far they love me. So, there I was begining life at 23 and 6 months as a Career Girl. Thank God Marie Claire has a column devoted to us.
Good thing I'm a saver, not a spender, because mis padres said they were moving to Miami, with my younger siblings. After much debate, prayer, and trips to the cinema, we decided that I would focus on my career, live here, and get my own apartment with my younger, college-aged sister.
So, we found an apartment in the shadow of the King of Prussia Mall, and move in together in four weeks. Today is her 21st birthday, so I thought it fitting that I celebrate by beginning this record of our Christian, Latina, bacherlotte experience together. Who knows, maybe it will serve as the inspiration for that best seller I've been meaning to write. (Doubtful).
Bendiciones y Besitos,
Mandie.

No comments:
Post a Comment