Friday, May 28

Firsts


So the other day Aggie gave me her portion of the rent. It was the first time she had to pay rent. You should have seen the smile on her face. She's lived on her own before, when she was growing in her faith in the Honor Academy in Texas, but this is the first time she's had any part of supporting herself. Can I tell you a secret, me too. I've never lived outside of my parents home, except on that month long mission trip to Eastern Europe (best. experience. ever. btw).

I think its interesting how God orchestrates our lives. I'm mean look at this little list of firsts for me: My first time riding my bike alone was in a North Philly playground. My first journal was filled while I was in third grade. (I thought about it this morning, and I laughed over the 3rd grade politics, and where everyone is now). My first date was in Windsor, England at a McDonalds (I was 13 and it was awkward). My first mission trip was to Mexico. My first kiss was in college. My first mystery book is due out at the end of this year, by Wine Press...

I think this first year of living on our own will teach us a lot of things. Not only about getting along(Aggie and I are both very strong personailities so we have heated debates...a lot); but also about money management, time management and faith in God.

That last one makes me nervous a little bit. Because God is unpredictable, and thinks bigger than we do. His ways are not our ways. So I have to ask you, when's the first time you thought about allowing God to have some say in your life? What are some other first's you've experienced?

No comments:

Post a Comment

About Me

My photo
Christian. Latina. Single. Career girl. Aspiring Writer.